mailing list of musl libc
From: puwenxu <puwenxu1@huawei.com>
To: "musl@lists.openwall.com" <musl@lists.openwall.com>
Subject: [musl] Question on 2b2c8aafce9d80f9d58652643538f4d58e82b856
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2022 06:29:54 +0000	[thread overview]

Dear maintainer,
       I'm using musl 1.2.3.0 now. When I was running some test case codes for musl, I found there may be a problem on modification of 2b2c8aafce9d80f9d58652643538f4d58e82b856.
       As you can see in the picture, this modification assign buf to orig. Then, the orig will be assigned to buf again. If the original value of buf is NULL, the latter value of the buf will be NULL. However, assign out to buf will fail if buf is NULL.
       [cid:image001.png@01D8EC6C.12AE8540]
       I have written a simple file to verification my opinion. The test code and output is shown in the following picture. I think it may be better to add a check for buf in this situation.
       [cid:image002.png@01D8EC6C.12AE8540]
[cid:image003.png@01D8EC6C.12AE8540]
Looking forward to your reply.

Wish Pu