mailing list of musl libc
* powerpc toolchain question
@ 2017-04-24  0:28 Rob Landley
From: Rob Landley @ 2017-04-24  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

I checked that mcm-buildall.sh script (the one I've sent here a few
times) into https://github.com/landley/mkroot and it's building a simple
kernel and root filesystem with the musl-cross-make toolchain that boots
under qemu. So far I've done x86-64, sh4, and powerpc32 kernels.

But back in Aboriginal Linux, the 32 bit ppc target had gcc building with:

GCC_FLAGS=--enable-secureplt # --with-long-double-64 (default on 4.2.1)

I.E. my old 4.2.1 toolchain was doing --enable-secureplt and I had a
comment that newer ones needed --with-long-double-64. I'm not currently
telling the gcc configure to do either of these. Should I be? (Seems to
work but I'm not sure anything's using floating point yet...)

Rob

* Re: powerpc toolchain question
@ 2017-04-24  9:02 ` Szabolcs Nagy
From: Szabolcs Nagy @ 2017-04-24  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

* Rob Landley <rob@landley.net> [2017-04-23 19:28:14 -0500]:
> I checked that mcm-buildall.sh script (the one I've sent here a few
> times) into https://github.com/landley/mkroot and it's building a simple
> kernel and root filesystem with the musl-cross-make toolchain that boots
> under qemu. So far I've done x86-64, sh4, and powerpc32 kernels.
>
> But back in Aboriginal Linux, the 32 bit ppc target had gcc building with:
>
> GCC_FLAGS=--enable-secureplt # --with-long-double-64 (default on 4.2.1)
>
> I.E. my old 4.2.1 toolchain was doing --enable-secureplt and I had a
> comment that newer ones needed --with-long-double-64. I'm not currently
> telling the gcc configure to do either of these. Should I be? (Seems to
> work but I'm not sure anything's using floating point yet...)

--with-long-double-64 should be --without-long-double-128, but it is
the default if the gcc configure script cannot detect a recent enough
glibc version so it works out.

and --enable-secureplt is the default since gcc-6 on powerpc*-linux*-musl*
on older gcc you still need it.