On Fri, 6 Apr 2012 10:48:29 -0400 Rich Felker wrote: > Looking at this again, it looks to me like almost all of the functions > under _GNU_SOURCE are also present on BSD. That is to say, just > replacing #ifdef _GNU_SOURCE with > > #if defined(_GNU_SOURCE) || defined(_BSD_SOURCE) > > would give a closer approximation to what _BSD_SOURCE is supposed to > do. I'm not saying this is the best solution, but before I go > committing patches to support _BSD_SOURCE, Yep, looks like I missed some. get_current_dir_name, setresuid and setresgid (as well as forkall...) are the only ones that aren't defined with _BSD_SOURCE. Still, I tend to prefer having some respect for even unofficial namespaces. Attached is a patch (3rd revision) that has all the _BSD_SOURCE functions properly classified. Isaac Dunham