On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 12:41:06 -0400 Rich Felker wrote: > On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 09:23:11AM -0700, Isaac Dunham wrote: > > Getting farther... > > But still not working. .. > Not sure what's happening here; why not add -v to the command line so > gcc shows you the actual commands it's passing to the compiler (cc1) > and linker (collect2/ld)? Attaching the logs--I'm sure there's something hiding in there. > There's one other line that looks odd; I'll repeat it here: > > musl-gcc -shared -o libiw.so.30 -Wl,-soname,libiw.so.30 -lm -lc > > iwlib.so > > Having only libraries (-lm -lc iwlib.so) as input for the linker makes > no sense. Can you tell what they're trying to do? I'm doubtful that > even the package authors knew what they were trying to do here. If > it's possible to build this package static-linked (or at least with > none of its own .so files) that would be a much smarter approach). Apparently, iwlib.c gets compiled as iwlib.so rather than iwlib.o; this gets linked into libiw.so.30 (and is used in archiving libiw.a). Also fails with STATIC...in fact, it's even more spectacular All libraries (lib*.a, libc.so) present, however. For whatever reason, this DOES build when real gcc is used on glibc. Isaac Dunham