mailing list of musl libc
* SIGILL when dynamic linking without -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions
@ 2012-05-28  4:52 Isaac Dunham
From: Isaac Dunham @ 2012-05-28  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

When -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions is disabled in the makefile, musl
cannot be used for dynamic linking.
However, the -Bsymbolic-functions option was added in binutils 2.17.50
(a CVS/git version, not a release); this was apparently just prior to
the license switch.

As a result, it will be impossible to use Aboriginal Linux packages to
generate a version capable of dynamic linking.

I'm pretty sure this used to work...but I don't remember when I tested
it last. I think it was somewhere around 0.8.1-0.8.5.

Isaac Dunham