hello, I built perl 5.16.0 (defaults to ansi c89, but needs SIG_BLOCK...used -D_GNU_SOURCE -std=gnu99, but _POSIX_C_SOURCE + -std=c99 is probably enough) Still using gcc-3.4 (with -Os) 10 tests failed, including both shm tests. I had at least 500 MB of RAM completely unused, so I wouldn't expect any issues there. So I'm wondering if the shm support is fully working, or if that's just perl. (the log from ./perl harness is attached as a bzip2, if anyone wants a look--it's nearly 200k uncompressed) On the up side, almost all (99.54%) tests passed. Thanks, Isaac Dunham