mailing list of musl libc
* links to some info/sources (Heirloom, pcc, ncurses)?
@ 2012-06-18 15:11 Jens Staal
From: Jens Staal @ 2012-06-18 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Hi

I have been playing with putting up some AURs for stuff statically
linked against musl, like Heirloom
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=59806 (toolchest) (zlib
dependent packages built, ncurses ones still on TODO)
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=59908 (jsh) (had to disable
ACCT but seems to be working ok anyway)

I have seen some messages pass about someone setting up a
musl-compiled pcc (and pcc-compiled musl) that was able to build
Heirloom and I just wonder if there is a source for the pcc wrapper
script used (similar to the musl-gcc one). I am interested in trying
something similar in AUR (and put it in as an optional compilation
alternative for the Heirloom packages), but my googling failed to find
a good source.

The second question was regarding ncurses. Some utilities in Heirloom
require curses but I fail to build it for musl - but it seems to be in
Sabotage. Are there any good patches/tricks around to get it to build?

Ps. has anyone tried replacing busybox with Heirloom in Sabotage? Ds.