mailing list of musl libc
* initial version of mips port committed
@ 2012-07-11  8:32 Rich Felker
From: Rich Felker @ 2012-07-11  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

from the commit message:

initial version of mips (o32) port, based on work by Richard
Pennington (rdp)

basically, this version of the code was obtained by starting with
rdp's work from his ellcc source tree, adapting it to musl's build
system and coding style, auditing the bits headers for discrepencies
with kernel definitions or glibc/LSB ABI or large file issues, fixing
up incompatibility with the old binutils from aboriginal linux, and
adding some new special cases to deal with the oddities of sigaction
and pipe syscall interfaces on mips.

at present, minimal test programs work, but some interfaces are broken
or missing. threaded programs probably will not link.

* Re: initial version of mips port committed
@ 2012-07-11 13:08 ` Gregor Richards
From: Gregor Richards @ 2012-07-11 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl; +Cc: Rich Felker

On 07/11/2012 04:32 AM, Rich Felker wrote:
> from the commit message:
>
> initial version of mips (o32) port, based on work by Richard
> Pennington (rdp)
>
> basically, this version of the code was obtained by starting with
> rdp's work from his ellcc source tree, adapting it to musl's build
> system and coding style, auditing the bits headers for discrepencies
> with kernel definitions or glibc/LSB ABI or large file issues, fixing
> up incompatibility with the old binutils from aboriginal linux, and
> adding some new special cases to deal with the oddities of sigaction
> and pipe syscall interfaces on mips.
>
> at present, minimal test programs work, but some interfaces are broken
> or missing. threaded programs probably will not link.

Fresh cross compiler tarball:
https://bitbucket.org/GregorR/musl-cross/downloads/crossx86-mips-linux-musl-6315004f.tar.xz

I'll build a new tarball when .so support works. Until then, it's safe
to upgrade musl in this one for testing purposes:

CC="mips-linux-musl-gcc" ./configure --prefix=<prefix>/mips-linux-musl
--disable-shared && make all install

It works well enough to make "Hello, world!" and such happy. Threads
indeed don't link.

With valediction,
  - Gregor Richards