On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 09:42:38AM +0200, boris brezillon wrote: > >> Do you want me to do some specific tests ? > > > > Actually, the main thing I'm interested in is whether the bloom filter > > is ever beneficial. I took it out trying to streamline the code and > > shaved about 8% off the lookup time for symbols in the main program, > > but I didn't investigate how the change affects symbols not found in > > the first file searched. Would you be interested in running some tests > > to determine if it might be useful to try adding it back? > I'll do some tests with multiple levels of big libraries : prog -> > libtest -> libc -> libb -> liba ... > How do you get your perf results (specific tools, time measurement > inside libc code, time measurement in main program, ...)? I forgot to attach my test code. It's x86-specific (uses rdtsc because that's the most accurate way) but hopefully that's not a problem. Note: if searching for symbols in the main program like it's doing as I have it configured now, you'll need to compile with -rdynamic. Rich