mailing list of musl libc
From: Rich Felker <dalias@aerifal.cx>
To: musl@lists.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Initial draft of musl documentation/manual
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 12:57:15 -0400	[thread overview]

On Sun, Sep 01, 2013 at 11:43:36AM +0200, Luca Barbato wrote:
> On 01/09/13 06:41, Rich Felker wrote:
> > One more thing: the format of the document is presently Markdown
> > (http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/). I may switch to
> > something else in the future, but Markdown tends to be my favorite
> > from a standpoint of being fully readable as plain text and also
> > producing decent formatted output in HTML (and other formats, via
> > conversion from HTML). Comments on this bikeshed topic are also
> > welcome, I suppose, unless it gets out of hand...
>
> Markdown to man converters are the best available (e.g. kramdown-man)
> and markdown is usually easy to grok.

Excellent. I'm not sure man format would be terribly useful for the
musl documentation I'm working on now, but it's good to know for
future reference, especially if we do want to provide a few man pages
that could be installed for musl.

For the big doc, HTML and PDF are probably the more interesting output
formats. The big thing I don't see how to do easily is produce a nice
table of contents or index.

Rich