Hi, On Wed, 15 Jan 2014 16:42:08 +0800 orc wrote: > In case of executable files (which libc.so is), install.sh is wrong > and dangerous. Just for curiosity, what do you mean in particular to be "dangerous"? > > The sequence of commands of install.sh from 0.9.15: > > umask 077 > cat < lib/libc.so > /lib/libc.so.tmp.pid # /lib/libc.so.tmp.pid is > created with mode 600 > mv -f /lib/libc.so.tmp.pid /lib/libc.so > chmod 755 /lib/libc.so # failed with "Permission denied" I just checked the build logs on my own musl based builds that are installing things into a dedicated "sysroot directory" for that build, and the install just works fine. I think what you are doing is calling 'make install' as a non-root user which will obviously fail. What I do not really get is why a normal user should be able to install a '/lib/lbc.so' anyway. That somehow feels more dangerous to me, but maybe I do not get the whole picture here, as you just provided some snippets and you are not telling us how your build process actually looks like. I think the info about how you are building would be quite helpful. Cheers, Chris -- PGP Fingerprint: F96B A15F DF25 2B3E 49CB BA16 241B F3E7 52FE AFC6