Hi, > Dangerous in case after performing installation, dynamic linked > system becomes unusable: no logins are accepted, no shell can be > spawned, even self-boot with init= kernel command line will give you > nothing but a kernel panic. (Of course I should have a static linked > busybox, but I even did not expected such a change will occur since > 0.9.12) Yes, a static busybox would might have helped there, but doing a libc update on a running system should be avoided anyways even if it kind of worked out before in your case as it seems! > >I think the info about how you are building would be quite helpful. > > I did installation as root user. I also do not run > restrictive/hardened kernels. Sorry I lost log of installation, but > after installing 0.9.15' libc.so "make install" refused to run with > "Permission denied" error. Rest is simple: no command can be > executed, login attempts refused, symptoms like "rm -fr /" was > executed, only with "Permission denied". Only boot from rescue flash > drive with prepared initrd showed that /lib/libc.so was > half-installed with mode 600. > see above answer. Cheers, Chris -- PGP Fingerprint: F96B A15F DF25 2B3E 49CB BA16 241B F3E7 52FE AFC6