mailing list of musl libc
* tdestroy
@ 2014-09-09 18:29 Paul Alfille
From: Paul Alfille @ 2014-09-09 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

One of my users is trying to build by program OWFS (http://owfs.org
http://sf.net/projects/owfs) using mucl libc. The only problem he has found
is tdestroy -- part of the tfind/tsearch/twalk/tdelete binary tree
implementation. tdestroy is a GNU extension.

I have an alternative implementation to tdestroy that is triggered by
HAVE_TDESTROY created by autoconf / automake.

Apparently the macro
AC_CHECK_FUNCS([twalk tsearch tfind tdelete tdestroy])

doesn't find tdestroy is missing in mucl.

So my questions are:
1. Is there a fix to the configuration -- either a recommended way to add
special cases for mucl of a fix for the detection?
2. Any chance you could add tdestroy?

Paul Alfille

* Re: tdestroy
@ 2014-09-09 18:37 ` Szabolcs Nagy
From: Szabolcs Nagy @ 2014-09-09 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

* Paul Alfille <paul.alfille@gmail.com> [2014-09-09 14:29:36 -0400]:
> I have an alternative implementation to tdestroy that is triggered by
> HAVE_TDESTROY created by autoconf / automake.
>
> Apparently the macro
> AC_CHECK_FUNCS([twalk tsearch tfind tdelete tdestroy])
>
> doesn't find tdestroy is missing in mucl.
>
> So my questions are:
> 1. Is there a fix to the configuration -- either a recommended way to add
> special cases for mucl of a fix for the detection?
> 2. Any chance you could add tdestroy?

musl does have tdestroy

but you need -D_GNU_SOURCE to have it visible in search.h