* Rich Felker [2015-05-17 12:35:21 -0400]: > On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 10:03:21AM +0200, Waldemar Brodkorb wrote: > > Hi, > > > > as mentioned the days on IRC. > > 1.1.9 produces a lot of segfaults on Qemu-PPC with Soft-Float. > > 1.1.8 was fine. > > Soft-float has never been a supported configuration for PowerPC, as > you can see from the fact that there's no separate dynamic linker name > for it. I'm surprised it ever seemed to work -- surely setjmp/longjmp > would be broken since they save/restore FPU registers. I don't think > it would be hard to add though, and I'd welcome patches for it. What's > needed is basically: > > - detection in configure, setting $SUBARCH there > - dynamic linker name variants in arch/powerpc/reloc.h > - separate subarch dir for soft-float in src/setjmp > > If you add soft-float it would probably make sense to add > little-endian variant at the same time, if that's useful to anyone, > since once you do the subarch work there's hardly any more work to > make an endian variant too. > note that the current musl-cross powerpc patches don't do the include reordering so the gcc includes will be the first in the path. this is fixed in http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2015-04/msg01640.html if there is a ppc soft-float abi musl may support then please invent an abi name for it so i can update the gcc patch before it gets committed. (i think powerpc{el}{-sf} and powerpc64{el}{-sf} should work: it is consistent with the naming for mips). attached the musl dynamic linker name patch for "el" support, similar would be needed for -sf (+setjmp.s etc updates).