mailing list of musl libc
* Rejected feature requests
@ 2015-09-05  1:53 Rich Felker
From: Rich Felker @ 2015-09-05  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Christian Neukirchen pointed out to me this page GNU coreutils has:

http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/rejected_requests.html

and it struck me as something that would be really useful to have for
musl: a list of requested features/changes/etc. that have been
discussed before and rejected or put on indefinite hold, with links to
mailing list threads, to point people to when the topic comes up
again. We could also make a link to (or full text copy of) the general
criteria for including/excluding nonstandard interfaces, which have
also been discussed on the list in the past.

Does this sound like a useful resource to have? IMO the wiki would be
the appropriate place to maintain it, but we should get account
creation and possibly new hosting worked out for the wiki first. I'll
probably just move it to the main musl vps (the new one has a lot more
resources than it needs), possibly in an lxc container if we're
concerned about the security of the wiki code.

Rich

* Re: Rejected feature requests
@ 2015-09-05 10:09 ` u-wsnj
From: u-wsnj @ 2015-09-05 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

On Fri, Sep 04, 2015 at 09:53:50PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> Christian Neukirchen pointed out to me this page GNU coreutils has:
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/rejected_requests.html
>
> and it struck me as something that would be really useful to have for
> musl: a list of requested features/changes/etc. that have been
> discussed before and rejected or put on indefinite hold, with links to
> mailing list threads, to point people to when the topic comes up
> again. We could also make a link to (or full text copy of) the general
> criteria for including/excluding nonstandard interfaces, which have
> also been discussed on the list in the past.

+1

Rune