mailing list of musl libc
* Email list for Gentoo on Musl
@ 2015-09-05 14:24 Anthony G. Basile
From: Anthony G. Basile @ 2015-09-05 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gentoo-hardened-cnFmAm88PdgLnqt3yJz4RQ,
	musl-ZwoEplunGu1jrUoiu81ncdBPR1lH4CV8,
	gentoo-musl-cnFmAm88PdgLnqt3yJz4RQ

Hi everyone,

I'd like to make people aware of a new-ish email list for Gentoo on musl
--- that's basically a full Gentoo system (5000+ packages) with musl
replacing glibc.  If you've seen my previous posts you know that I've
been working on that and recently hit a milestone with a full desktop
system.

Up till now I've been (ab)using the gentoo-hardened@l.g.o email list for
occasional announcements and discussion.  And out of courtesy I've
avoided (ab)using musl@l.o.c.  We need a place to submit patches and
have gentoo-musl specific discussions without poluting these other
lists. So ... I'd like to encourage you to use

   gentoo-musl-cnFmAm88PdgLnqt3yJz4RQ@public.gmane.org

for discussions about Gentoo on musl.

Here are some links describing the project so you have some idea what
this list is about:

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Hardened_musl - minimal gentoo
images (aka stage3's) for various arches/abis using our vanilla and
hardened compiler

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Hardened_musl/Bluedragon - a
security-enhanced, fully featured XFCE4 desktop, amd64 Gentoo system,
built with musl.

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:RelEng_GRS - the release
engineering tool by which the desktop is built - its of interest for
maintaining the desktop using prebuilt packages

http://releases.freeharbor.net/ - the host housing the release image,
extra packages and "tinderbox report" for failed packages.

I hope this message wasn't too intrusive but hopefully this will direct
discussion to where discussion belongs.

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph. D.
Chair of Information Technology

* Re: Email list for Gentoo on Musl
@ 2015-09-05 18:46 ` Isaac Dunham
From: Isaac Dunham @ 2015-09-05 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl; +Cc: gentoo-musl

On Sat, Sep 05, 2015 at 10:24:53AM -0400, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'd like to make people aware of a new-ish email list for Gentoo on musl ---
> that's basically a full Gentoo system (5000+ packages) with musl replacing
> glibc.  If you've seen my previous posts you know that I've been working on
> that and recently hit a milestone with a full desktop system.
>
> Up till now I've been (ab)using the gentoo-hardened@l.g.o email list for
> occasional announcements and discussion.  And out of courtesy I've avoided
> (ab)using musl@l.o.c.  We need a place to submit patches and have
> gentoo-musl specific discussions without poluting these other lists. So ...
> I'd like to encourage you to use
>
>   gentoo-musl@lists.gentoo.org
>
> for discussions about Gentoo on musl.
>
> Here are some links describing the project so you have some idea what this
> list is about:
>
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Hardened_musl - minimal gentoo images
> (aka stage3's) for various arches/abis using our vanilla and hardened
> compiler
>
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Hardened_musl/Bluedragon - a
> security-enhanced, fully featured XFCE4 desktop, amd64 Gentoo system, built
> with musl.
>
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:RelEng_GRS - the release engineering
> tool by which the desktop is built - its of interest for maintaining the
> desktop using prebuilt packages
>
> http://releases.freeharbor.net/ - the host housing the release image, extra
> packages and "tinderbox report" for failed packages.

One question:
Is there a pre-built i686 version of this?
Up till now I haven't used gentoo (though I encountered Sabayon),
but that might change.

Thanks,
Isaac Dunham

* Re: Email list for Gentoo on Musl
@ 2015-09-06 16:42   ` Felix Janda
From: Felix Janda @ 2015-09-06 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl; +Cc: gentoo-musl

Isaac Dunham wrote:
[..]
> One question:
> Is there a pre-built i686 version of this?
> Up till now I haven't used gentoo (though I encountered Sabayon),
> but that might change.

Usually gentoo is installed from a stage3 (minimal system). There is a
musl stage3 for i686 at

http://distfiles.gentoo.org/experimental/x86/musl/

Only for x86_64 full featured XFCE4 systems are provided at

http://releases.freeharbor.net/

HTH,
Felix