mailing list of musl libc
* Building OpenJDK8 with musl
@ 2015-11-11 11:11 Frieder Berthold
From: Frieder Berthold @ 2015-11-11 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Hello to all,

I want to build a rather small Java Runtime Environment with OpenJDK8 and
the small JamVM and use musl for this purpose. Unfortunately OpenJDK needs
the header sys/sysctl.h which musl does not provide anymore ( I found older
musl version which include this header).
Is there a reason for that?

Maybe someone already tried to build OpenJDK8 with musl and could give me
some further hints?

Thanks in advance
Frieder

* Re: Building OpenJDK8 with musl
@ 2015-11-11 11:16 ` Timo Teras
From: Timo Teras @ 2015-11-11 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frieder Berthold; +Cc: musl

Hi,

On Wed, 11 Nov 2015 12:11:50 +0100
Frieder Berthold <berthold.frieder@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I want to build a rather small Java Runtime Environment with OpenJDK8
> and the small JamVM and use musl for this purpose. Unfortunately
> OpenJDK needs the header sys/sysctl.h which musl does not provide
> anymore ( I found older musl version which include this header).
> Is there a reason for that?
>
> Maybe someone already tried to build OpenJDK8 with musl and could
> give me some further hints?

We build openjdk8 for alpine linux using musl.

The build scripts are at:
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/tree/community/openjdk8

It uses openjdk7 (built via icedtea) to bootstrap.

The patch fix your specific issue is:
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/tree/community/openjdk8/icedtea-jdk-musl.patch

and as you see, sysctl.h is not really needed and can be just removed.

/Timo

* Re: Building OpenJDK8 with musl
@ 2015-11-13 10:21   ` Frieder Berthold
From: Frieder Berthold @ 2015-11-13 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Timo Teras; +Cc: musl

Hey Timo,

I applied the patch but then it can't find linux/types.h (musl does not
provide it) while compiling
jdk8/jdk/src/solaris/native/sun/nio/ch/sctp/Sctp.h

Did you encounter the same problem?

Frieder

@ 2015-11-13 11:03     ` Natanael Copa
From: Natanael Copa @ 2015-11-13 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frieder Berthold; +Cc: Timo Teras, musl

On Fri, 13 Nov 2015 11:21:11 +0100
Frieder Berthold <berthold.frieder@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hey Timo,
>
> I applied the patch but then it can't find linux/types.h (musl does not
> provide it) while compiling
> jdk8/jdk/src/solaris/native/sun/nio/ch/sctp/Sctp.h
>
> Did you encounter the same problem?

Yes, so we pull in linux-headers as a build time dependency.

-nc