mailing list of musl libc
From: Rich Felker <dalias@libc.org>
To: musl@lists.openwall.com
Subject: musl new-year's infrastructure resolutions
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2016 18:37:47 -0500	[thread overview]

Here are some things I've really been wanting to get done for a while,
that I/we should try to make happen in the coming months:

Switching over wiki. The current wiki is essentially unmaintained.
Kylie McClain (Somasis) has setup a clone of the content on a new
git-based wiki that looks good. I still want to understand the
intended workflow for getting changes published, but it's got to be
better than the status quo where account creation doesn't even work.

Adopting an issue tracker. This requires actually selecting one and
setting up the infrastructure for it. The wiki could possibly be moved
to the same infrastructure. (I want to keep webapp-ish stuff like
wiki, issue tracker etc. off the server that hosts git and release
downloads because anything interactive is a significant attack
surface that puts integrity of code as risk.)

Enabling git-over-https. This may require switching to a more-capable
httpd or other infrastructure changes on the server.

Website redesign and move to musl.libc.org. I don't have any concrete
ideas for this yet, but I don't think the current website is at all in
line with musl's maturity, current adoption/deployment, etc.

Documentation. Existing manual should probably become a public git
repo that contributors can submit patches/PRs for. Putting together
lists of (1) what's outdated in the current one, and (2) what new
content would be most valuable, might be a good place to start and one
that could benefit from community involvement.