mailing list of musl libc
* SPARCv9 Support
@ 2017-04-24 13:39 Rob Lyerly
From: Rob Lyerly @ 2017-04-24 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Hello,

We've been using musl as a libc alternative for ARMv8 and x86-64 for a year
now and want to also use it for work we're starting on a SPARCv9 machine.
Has anybody done any porting of musl to this architecture or would we have
to port it ourselves?

Thanks!
--
Rob Lyerly
Graduate Research Assistant, Systems Software Research Group

* Re: SPARCv9 Support
@ 2017-04-24 13:54 ` Rich Felker
From: Rich Felker @ 2017-04-24 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl; +Cc: Rob Lyerly

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 09:39:28AM -0400, Rob Lyerly wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We've been using musl as a libc alternative for ARMv8 and x86-64 for a year
> now and want to also use it for work we're starting on a SPARCv9 machine.
> Has anybody done any porting of musl to this architecture or would we have
> to port it ourselves?

I'm not aware of any work porting to SPARC yet, but there has been
some level of interest from others in the past.

Porting it yourselves is definitely an option; it's not terribly hard,
though familiarity with the code/project helps. Also FYI, a few of the
ports we have now have been done by contributors/members of the musl
community and partly or fully sponsored by organizations that needed
them; if you have funds available there might be someone interested in
picking it up as work. Or if you have students of your own (noticed
the .edu) it could be a good project for them.

Rich

* Re: SPARCv9 Support
@ 2017-05-18  0:25   ` A. Wilcox
From: A. Wilcox @ 2017-05-18  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

* Re: SPARCv9 Support
@ 2017-05-18  7:58     ` Bastian Bittorf
From: Bastian Bittorf @ 2017-05-18  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

* A. Wilcox <awilfox@adelielinux.org> [18.05.2017 09:45]:
> I am one of the ones who has an interest, and I would be willing to
> test on my SPARC hardware. I have two SPARCv9s, an Enterprise 220R @
> 360MHz, and a Fire V110 @ 650MHz.

It least I can test on real hardware, there is a
full-2GB-ram-enterprise250 as doorstopper/eyecatcher
in my office, ready for booting.

bye, bastian