Hi mzpqnxow, I was expecting something like what you just wrote, and it's my fault. On Wed, 21 Jun 2017 06:53:41 +0000 mzpqnxow wrote: > I briefly looked over the page but it's not clear to me what it is.. > is it a distribution? Or just a toolchain builder? Both are related. The cross-compiler is part of a generic method to create a native cross-compiler based on musl. The same one is used to create the rest of a gnu/linux distribution based on musl, this belongs to the development version of Dragora, the work involved in the (incoming) version 3. darkcrusade[1] is a simple script to invoke another tool[2] called `bootstrap'[2]. [1] http://dragora.org/repo.fsl/artifact/61f6fe7c789f8e8f [2] http://dragora.org/repo.fsl/artifact/d3e895bc073d1596 Normally, the process occurs in the stage number 0: http://dragora.org/repo.fsl/dir?ci=748dd8685839157a&name=stages/0 > I'm wondering if it's similar to > https://github.com/richfelker/musl-cross-make (which is a one step > way to build an arbitrary musl toolchain, and is excellent) or if it > makes use of it (if you're building musl toolchains it probably ought > to. Thanks, I am aware of the existence of musl-cross-make. I've started before in order to learn more about the cross-compilers and with the goal to have a full toolchain based on musl. Darkcrusade is more like a descendent of musl-cross by Gregor Richards. I don't have the intention to compite with other projects, in this case with musl-cross-make. Hope darkcrusade can be a good contribution to the community. > Sorry if I missed something obvious, but it sounds interesting and I'm > curious, but just didn't see a clear/concise/understandable > explanation of what it is exactly. I know. I am full dedicated to the project, but the work for the next version of the distro has me busy (very occupied), I have not yet taken the time to document everything, including all the details for the bootstrap method/darkcrusade. If it's worth, see http://dragora.org/repo.fsl/wiki?name=Cross+compilers Thanks for your interest, Matías