mailing list of musl libc
* Regressions or important missed fixes in 1.1.17?
@ 2017-10-29  1:53 Rich Felker
From: Rich Felker @ 2017-10-29  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Please reply and let me know if there are any regressions in 1.1.17 or
important proposed fixes that didn't make it in, that haven't already
made their way into git master. In order to have a release that's good
to use out of the box without patching, I want to go ahead and package
up a 1.1.18 in the next few days.

Please don't propose anything risky or invasive here; we can start
that again (beginning with several already-pending patches) in the
next release cycle.

Rich

* Re: Regressions or important missed fixes in 1.1.17?
@ 2017-10-30  9:50 ` Matias Fonzo
From: Matias Fonzo @ 2017-10-30  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Hello,
On Sat, 28 Oct 2017 21:53:08 -0400
Rich Felker <dalias@libc.org> wrote:

> Please reply and let me know if there are any regressions in 1.1.17 or
> important proposed fixes that didn't make it in, that haven't already
> made their way into git master. In order to have a release that's good
> to use out of the box without patching, I want to go ahead and package
> up a 1.1.18 in the next few days.

This sound great -- I was going to patch musl 1.1.17 with the latest
patches found in git master, in order to provide a new batch of the
cross-compilers based on musl (aka darkcrusade).  Also, it would be nice
if the next release can contain the UAPI for the incoming kernel 4.14.x.

Best regards,
Matías

* Re: Regressions or important missed fixes in 1.1.17?
@ 2017-10-30 10:39   ` Szabolcs Nagy
From: Szabolcs Nagy @ 2017-10-30 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

* Matias Fonzo <selk@dragora.org> [2017-10-30 06:50:27 -0300]:
> cross-compilers based on musl (aka darkcrusade).  Also, it would be nice
> if the next release can contain the UAPI for the incoming kernel 4.14.x.

linux v4.10, v4.11, v4.12 and v4.13 patches are pending
http://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/2017/09/12/1

i think making a quick release has higher priority now
than including these changes.

* Re: Regressions or important missed fixes in 1.1.17?
@ 2017-10-30 16:44     ` Rich Felker
From: Rich Felker @ 2017-10-30 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 11:39:27AM +0100, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> * Matias Fonzo <selk@dragora.org> [2017-10-30 06:50:27 -0300]:
> > cross-compilers based on musl (aka darkcrusade).  Also, it would be nice
> > if the next release can contain the UAPI for the incoming kernel 4.14.x.
>
> linux v4.10, v4.11, v4.12 and v4.13 patches are pending
> http://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/2017/09/12/1
>
> i think making a quick release has higher priority now
> than including these changes.

I agree -- while it would be nice, a big pile of header changes has a
disproportionately high risk of causing build regressions, which would
kinda defeat the whole purpose of doing another release right away.

I'll merge them after the release so we can go ahead and start getting
widespread testing for them early in the next release cycle.

Rich