On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 06:12:31AM -0400, Christopher Friedt wrote: > On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 9:26 PM Rich Felker wrote: > > Pulling in large amounts of additional code and O(n) runtime cost > > Latest patch [1] addresses > > 1) not ignoring loopback > 2) using routability of udp packets vs O(n) lookup on network interfaces > > Any other concerns, Rich? You seem to have deleted the original patch and replaced it with a new version. My first concern is *please* send all patches as attachments to the list, not transient links like github or pastebins. Even if it were still there now, it would likely not be there 5 years later when someone is reading list archives. I'm attaching your v2 patch here now for reference. With that said, it still makes sprawling changes and intraduces a gratuitous new file with external interface for something that fundamentally takes only a few lines in one place and no external interface at all. Formatting is also inconsistent with musl (spaces after opening and before closing paren, etc.). And addition of the nonstandard EAI_NODATA is an independent change that, if it makes sense at all, needs to be discussed separately, and would need corresponding changes elsewhere (e.g. gai_strerror). Rich