On Fri, Nov 01, 2019 at 10:56:17AM -0400, Rich Felker wrote: > The time64 switchover I had been testing and hoped to push yesterday > turned out to be missing the ioctl and sockopt bits, which I > eventually remembered I'd omitted in the late-summer i386-only draft > because making a bunch more archs have arch variants for these did not > seem fun. So, I've worked out some changes to allow top-level socket.h > to do a lot more. The msghdr move is pretty much orthogonal, aside > from interaction with x32. > > It's probably not perfect at this point, but I think it's an > improvement, and short of errors good enough to commit. It brings > things closer to a state of only needing arch-specific bits for archs > that actually do weird things, rather than repeating things that are > universal to all 32-bit archs or all 64-bit archs on a per-arch basis. > > These patches should apply ok on the last time64 switchover draft > posted to the list. But I'm posting them more for the sake of a (very > brief) comment period about what they're doing, and to have a record > of them as individual patches -- some of them will be squashed since > they yield ABI-inconsistent revisions if left split. I left out the first patch of this series, attached. Unfortunately it had a bug: without changes to the bits headers, it caused SO_TIMESTAMP* definitions to disappear from archs that define their own SO_RCVTIMEO (powerpc* and mips*). It will be fixed by separating these out into 2 groups with separate #ifdefs. Rich