On Tue, Feb 04, 2020 at 09:26:31AM -0500, Rich Felker wrote: > > > > I guess that it would probably be best to change the libsigsegv code to > > > > use a value of '2' instead of the REG_SP definition. I'll look at > > > > submitting a patch to the project. > > > > > > I think using a symbolic name is both more informative and more > > > portable (since the layout of the saved registers is an OS choice, > > > nothing universal to the architecture). The question is just where the > > > macro should be obtained from. As long as glibc (and any other > > > platforms that might be relevant?) has a sys/reg.h, it wouldn't hurt > > > to just add the include and continue using the macro, regardless of > > > whether musl moves it later. > > > > Glibc and uClibc don't have a sys/reg.h - is there a way that it could be > > included conditionally for musl only? > > If you want a configure test to detect it the yes; otherwise no. But > this suggests the way we did it is wrong. We should not be making this > kind of mess. I should probably just move the definitions... Patch attached. Any objections? Rich