mailing list of musl libc
* [musl] dlvsym
@ 2020-05-26 17:37 Alexander Scherbatiy
From: Alexander Scherbatiy @ 2020-05-26 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Hello,

I have not found dlvsym in musl. dlvsym function has a description that
it is not described by POSIX.

What is a right way to load a symbol with a version in musl?
For example, load libnuma symbol version 1.1 or 1.2?

Thanks,
Alexander.

* Re: [musl] dlvsym
@ 2020-05-26 18:27 ` Rich Felker
From: Rich Felker @ 2020-05-26 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Scherbatiy; +Cc: musl

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 08:37:50PM +0300, Alexander Scherbatiy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have not found dlvsym in musl. dlvsym function has a description
> that it is not described by POSIX.
>
> What is a right way to load a symbol with a version in musl?
> For example, load libnuma symbol version 1.1 or 1.2?

musl presently does not support symbol versioning at all, except to
work around code that was built with it by always resolving dynamic
symbol references to the default version (the @@ one, the one ld would
use).

This was an intentional decision at the time, but may have been the
wrong one and might change in the future.

Rich