mailing list of musl libc
* [musl] musl CI?
@ 2020-11-17  4:09 Rich Felker
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Rich Felker @ 2020-11-17  4:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

The topic of CI for testing came up on #musl today, and although it's
not something I want to be responsible for running, it does sound very
good to have. We noted that libc-test currently has tests that are
failing and expected to fail, and that this is normal and not cause
for disabling tests, but it did suggest to me a methodology that seems
more appropriate than checking whether tests succeed: checking for
differences in test output (as well as other things, like symbol
table) vs suitable baselines like last release or last run.

I don't think anyone has concrete plans for going forward with this
yet, but I'm posting the outcome so far here for further discussion
and so it's not lost.

Rich