mailing list of musl libc
* [musl] Some pending changes/patches
@ 2021-01-17 19:42 Érico Nogueira
From: Érico Nogueira @ 2021-01-17 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Hi!

Firstly, congratulations on the new release :)

Secondly, I have some pending patches that I'd like to ping, plus some
changes that I was asked to post about once the 1.2.2 release had been
made.

- add cloexec flag to open() in pthread_setname_np:
https://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/2020/12/24/1

- (low-priority) add pthread_getname_np:
	- my version (needs to be cleaned up for the change in the patch
	  above):
	  https://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/2020/12/19/3
	  It tries to avoid duplicating the setup for the
	  /proc/self/task/%d/com path by adding a helper function.
	- older version:
	  https://inbox.vuxu.org/musl/AM0PR07MB442007DDD4FECFF99BB5EBF48BE70@AM0PR07MB4420.eurprd07.prod.outlook.com/
	  Lacks cloexec flag when opening file.

- (low priority) implement gethostid() beyond a stub:
https://inbox.vuxu.org/musl/20200804224230.27774-1-ericonr@disroot.org/

- fix type for __libc_start_main. In crt1.c and rcrt1.c, it is:

int __libc_start_main(int (*)(), int, char **,
	void (*)(), void(*)(), void(*)());

but in __libc_start_main.c, it is

int __libc_start_main(int (*main)(int,char **,char **), int argc, char **argv)

as far as I can tell the fix is simple and the signature mismatch isn't
an issue. Since I don't know the context for the mismatch and therefore
wouldn't be able to write an appropriate commit message, I refrained
from sending a patch for it.

Happy new year,
Érico