mailing list of musl libc
From: Rich Felker <dalias@libc.org>
To: Luis Javier Merino <ninjalj@gmail.com>
Cc: musl@lists.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [musl] Hangul Jamo vowels and trailing consonants should probably be 0 width
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 18:43:59 -0500	[thread overview]

On Mon, Dec 27, 2021 at 11:38:06PM +0100, Luis Javier Merino wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been looking at widths reported for Hangul Jamo in wcwidth implementations.
>
> In glibc and MirBSD xterm, U+1160..U+11FF and U+D7B0..U+D7FF have 0 width.

Thanks for reporting! Indeed this is a bug and possibly even a
regression since I thought it was right. It looks like it happened in
commit 1b0ce9af6d2aa7b92edaf3e9c631cb635bae22bd, "new wcwidth
implementation (fast table-based)" thanks to the Unicode data not
having this right. Indeed:

-       R(0x1160, 0x11FF, 0),

I'll update the tools that generate the tables to account for the
omission.

Rich