mailing list of musl libc
* [musl] Question: dladdr alternative for symbol info lookup with full static linking
@ 2022-03-31 18:26 Amine Chikhaoui
From: Amine Chikhaoui @ 2022-03-31 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Hello,

I posted this question on #musl irc a week or so ago, but I don't think
anyone noticed so trying the mailing list instead:

>> I have a C++ project that I'm trying to statically link using musl.
>> Part of it has some logic for printing stacktraces, it does that by
>> using <unwind.h> from libgcc, but then when it gets to dladdr((void*)
>> ip, &info), where ip is the result of _Unwind_GetIPInfo, that seems to
>> always return an error.
>> It seems that this isn't the correct way to do things when statically
>> linking, is there an easy way to handle this? the main thing it tries
>> to do is get the function/symbol name demangled using
>> abi::__cxa_demangle later and print a stacktrace.

Just looking for any alternatives for doing something similar in order
to print a useful stacktrace when in a statically linked binary context.

Amine

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-03-31 18:26 UTC | newest]