mailing list of musl libc
* [musl] strptime_l implementation
@ 2022-09-07 19:36 Javier Steinaker
From: Javier Steinaker @ 2022-09-07 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Hello everybody,

The Haiku project (an alternative OS) switched to using musl a few weeks
ago. Now I'm only an occasional contributor, but I hit an use case where
having strptime_l would be desired/useful (parsing web cookies, which are
always in english, independently of the locale selected by the user). Since
nl_langinfo_l is already in place, I figured out it wouldn't be so
difficult to move the current code to an internal function, and then have
strptime and strptime_l getting the locale from the system in the first
case and as an argument in the second, and call that code.

My question is: do you have plans to have strptime_l implemented? Would you
be interested in merging if someone does? Would it break the ABI or
something? I'm asking because it made more sense to me to do this upstream
and then don't having to maintain a separate version if it was useful here.
Otherwise, we will just find our way in the Haiku code, via implementing
strptime_l or with another solution.

Thanks in advance,
Javier