Here is my first draft of the DNS TCP fallback support that seems to be basically working. There may of course be bugs, and there are cases where I probably don't want it to fall back like it's doing, but it's at a stage where review and [smoke-]testing would be helpful. Some known issues: - getaddrinfo should use larger buffers (probably 640-768 bytes) or the "huge CNAME" problem iss not solved. - If res_send is used to send EDNS0 queries crafted by the caller and the caller provides a buffer smaller than what the OPT header advertises, the answer will be silently truncated to the caller's buffer size. I've tested querying TXT for locations.publicdns.goog (>7k RRset) and basic non-fallback usage. Further large-answer query test cases would be appreciated, especially names where one or both of the A or AAAA RRset are large so that fallback in parallel lookup can be tested, and later so that getaddrinfo buffer size increase can be tested. Rich