mailing list of musl libc
* [musl] Gmp not included in default musl build
@ 2023-08-12  0:44 Reinoud Koornstra
From: Reinoud Koornstra @ 2023-08-12  0:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Hello everyone,

I'm building musl and a musl gdb by git cloning musl-cross-make.git
After fetching some manual downloads, the building and installing goes well.
After that I'm building gdb, but it seems to want gmp as well and it
doesn't come by default with the cross make of musl. Any good way to add
this?
Thanks,

Reinoud.

* Re: [musl] Gmp not included in default musl build
@ 2023-08-13  1:43 ` Rich Felker
From: Rich Felker @ 2023-08-13  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reinoud Koornstra; +Cc: musl

On Fri, Aug 11, 2023 at 05:44:12PM -0700, Reinoud Koornstra wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm building musl and a musl gdb by git cloning musl-cross-make.git
> After fetching some manual downloads, the building and installing goes well.
> After that I'm building gdb, but it seems to want gmp as well and it
> doesn't come by default with the cross make of musl. Any good way to add
> this?
> Thanks,

mcm's scope is producing a toolchain, not an extended library
ecosystem for the target. Once you have a cross compiler, it should be
possible to use it to build any further libraries you might want, like
gmp, and either install them into the toolchain's sysroot or install
them in some other location specific to the project you're building
with the cross toolchain, then tell the build systems for programs you
want to build (like gdb) to look there for them.

Rich

* Re: [musl] Gmp not included in default musl build
@ 2023-08-15  0:44   ` Reinoud Koornstra
From: Reinoud Koornstra @ 2023-08-15  0:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rich Felker; +Cc: musl