mailing list of musl libc
* [musl] nftw: FTW_CHDIR defined but not implemented
@ 2021-04-08 16:02 Sören Tempel
From: Sören Tempel @ 2021-04-08 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Hi,

The musl implementation of nftw does presently not implement the
FTW_CHDIR flag, which is mandated by POSIX. Unfortunately, musl does
define this macro in the ftw.h header file which makes software using
this flag compile but causes unexpected failures at run-time.
Implementing this feature would likely require a larger overhaul of the
current nftw implementation. Maybe it makes sense to remove the
FTW_CHDIR macro from ftw.h as a short-term workaround in the meantime to
prevent cumbersome run-time failures?

Greetings,
Sören

* [musl] Re: nftw: FTW_CHDIR defined but not implemented
@ 2021-09-03 14:50 ` Sören Tempel
From: Sören Tempel @ 2021-09-03 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Sören Tempel <soeren@soeren-tempel.net> wrote:
> The musl implementation of nftw does presently not implement the
> FTW_CHDIR flag, which is mandated by POSIX. Unfortunately, musl does
> define this macro in the ftw.h header file which makes software using
> this flag compile but causes unexpected failures at run-time.

Ping. Any chance this could be fixed in the next release?

Greetings,
Sören

* Re: [musl] Re: nftw: FTW_CHDIR defined but not implemented
@ 2021-09-03 18:26   ` Ariadne Conill
From: Ariadne Conill @ 2021-09-03 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

On Fri, 3 Sep 2021, Sören Tempel wrote:

> Sören Tempel <soeren@soeren-tempel.net> wrote:
>> The musl implementation of nftw does presently not implement the
>> FTW_CHDIR flag, which is mandated by POSIX. Unfortunately, musl does
>> define this macro in the ftw.h header file which makes software using
>> this flag compile but causes unexpected failures at run-time.
>
> Ping. Any chance this could be fixed in the next release?

I can write a patch for it if we don't have one already.  It would be nice
to get this one fixed in the Alpine 3.15 release cycle.

Ariadne

* Re: [musl] Re: nftw: FTW_CHDIR defined but not implemented
@ 2021-09-04 15:04     ` Sören Tempel
From: Sören Tempel @ 2021-09-04 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Ariadne Conill <ariadne@dereferenced.org> wrote:
> Hi,

Hello,

> I can write a patch for it if we don't have one already.  It would be nice
> to get this one fixed in the Alpine 3.15 release cycle.

No, we don't have one yet. Feel free to write one! :)

Greetings,
Sören