Hi all (Rich especially though :-)) Has anyone had time to take a look at this? I’d like to make some progress on this front if possible. Kind regards, Alastair. > On 5 Sep 2023, at 13:57, Alastair Houghton wrote: > > On 10 Aug 2023, at 16:51, Rich Felker wrote: >> >> On Thu, Aug 10, 2023 at 04:41:38PM +0100, Alastair Houghton wrote: >>> I spent some time today looking at the setlocale() problem and >>> thought I’d put some notes down in an email. > > [snip] > >> At this point, it's been quite a while since I looked at the >> mechanisms. If you'd like to help move this forward, rather than >> starting with a patch, writing a high-level natural language >> description of how you'd make the changes (in terms of musl's current >> internal representation for locale state) would be the most helpful. >> If I'm forgetting and there's already such a good description, just >> digging it up and citing it might be fine. > > I wrote something up here: > > https://gist.github.com/al45tair/15c3ade52b09d0cad67074176ad43e4a > > Let me know what you think; I can update the document there until we’re happy that we’ve got the right solution, then I should be able to create a patch and get the relevant permission from my employer to submit it. > > Kind regards, > > Alastair. >