mailing list of musl libc
From: Joao Moreira <joao@overdrivepizza.com>
To: musl@lists.openwall.com
Subject: [musl] Intel CET Support
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 16:00:04 -0700

Hi,

Long ago I sent some patches here to enable CET support within MUSL
(https://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/2020/10/19/3).

These patches were a result from some experiment I have been running
with clang, and to which I needed a suitable library. I understand that
the patches were not in their best shape, and I was a bit busy at the
time so I didn't really push this through.

Either way, I'm now wondering if there is any interest from MUSL to
support CET. If yes, I can start working on an updated patch-set to be
sent here eventually.

Additionally, if the support is of interest, it would also be
interesting to know if MUSL intends to support CET as specified in the
X86-64 ABI (where a single linked DSO without the CET bits set disables
the  feature) or if you have something different in mind.

Tks,
Joao.