Hi Rich ! Sending mail still fails, see appended screen shot of Thunderbird message! On 19.04.2015 05:44, Rich Felker wrote: > On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 11:02:24PM +0200, Laurent Bercot wrote: >> On 18/04/2015 21:56, Rich Felker wrote: >>> mail.aerifal.cx 74177 IN A 216.12.86.13 >>> >>> I don't see any CNAMEs involved. Can you show me where the CNAME >>> is coming from? As far as I know, the MX lookup has to result in an address, not a name. Not every software does recursive lookup (I know, this is bad, bad not my failure). And the qmail system of the provider is not an obsolete part of software. >> There must be something poisoning caches somewhere, or you changed >> something recently. > > It was nearly a year ago that I last changed anything (and I think > this was what I changed), May be it was due to my complain on this, but as you told you fixed that, I did not check this again. > but it seems I forgot to update the sequence number in the SOA at > the time, Thats a horrible failure in the DNS system :( > so perhaps some broken nameserver kept the old data cached ever since > then as a result? I've updated the SOA now. So let me try sending mail again ... (this message) My problem is, all the lookup stuff, and used software is out of my control. I just send mail out over the official mail relay of my Internet provider. So I can't do much, when I send an SMTP MAIL TO and receive an error, complaining about unresolvable mail address. And United Internet is one of the biggest providers in Germany. Harald