On 06/05/16 12:44, Rich Felker wrote: > It looks like there's a useless dependency on kernel headers in stuff > for the target libs. I suspect you might have omitted the recommended > --enable-languages=c,c++ and let it build all langs; IIRC boehm-gc is > not built at all for a c/c++ only build. Other langs are completely > untested and probably don't work, but it would be nice to find out why > and fix the ones that are practical to fix. > > I should probably also add COMMON_CONFIG += --enable-languages=c,c++ > _before_ config.mak inclusion so that, by default, you get the working > configuration. Having this before config.mak should make it so any > --enable-languages option you manually add with += takes precedence. I think that's a good idea. README.md says that the only mandatory variable is TARGET. I assumed c,c++ only was default. > >> Are you planning on supporting GCC 5.3? I may be able to contribute >> some patches. > I suspect the same patches for 5.2 apply just fine, but I haven't > taken the time to test yet. If you can confirm they work or tweak them > so they work I'd be happy to add 5.3 support. Other versions I'd like > to support are 4.7.4 (last C-only, also last before some sketchy > optimizations were added) and 6.1.0, but in order to add a version it > should have proper support (at least the main musl patch with dynamic > linker names, include paths, etc. fully ported) rather than just being > enough to compile. I had a quick look. Patches apply with two very minor adjustments, I've attached the edited patches. I rebuilt arm-linux-musleabi but haven't used it in anger yet. Is there a way to easily check all targets? Also, is there a way to get linux headers installed with the toolchain (like crosstool does)? I use 4.9.3 for building old arm 2.6 kernels and haven't had a problem with it yet. Patrick