mailing list of musl libc
From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@gentoo.org>
To: musl@lists.openwall.com
Subject: Re: New Exherbo+musl stage: x86_64-pc-linux-musl-20160621
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 17:59:44 +0200	[thread overview]

On 22/06/16 17:57, Matias A. Fonzo wrote:
> El Wed, 22 Jun 2016 17:32:47 +0200
> Shiz <hi@shiz.me> escribió:
>>> On 22 Jun 2016, at 17:20, Matias A. Fonzo <selk@dragora.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Distribute files and impose to your users in having xz, is a bad
>>> idea.
>>
>> I don’t think you understand what I said. Technical arguments about
>> the superiority of your format aren’t particularly relevant if the
>> user can’t decompress it in the first place.
>>
>> - Shiz
>>

> I understand that you are losing in make the right thing just for the
> availability of a bad implementation.  If the user can't decompress is
> really your main concern, think in the RAM usage as a possible
> limitation (among other things).

The format seems a little too new and you seem to derail the discussion
in a mailing list unrelated to the main project (exherbo).

Would you please stop flaming?

xz took a lot of time to supplant bzip2 mainly because to make it viable
you would need to provide alternatives.

You might suggest to look at the format and help spreading the mindshare
or act like a bully and make people consider the whole thing bad
marketing and start ignoring you and your proposals like it is spam.

my 2 cents.

lu