On Nov 3, 2019, at 1:25 AM, Rich Felker wrote: > > I just pushed the patch series switching 32-bit archs to 64-bit time. > Between now and next release, 32-bit archs' ABIs are intended-stable > but tentative, and could change before release, but I don't intend to > do that unless some serious unforseen problem is discovered during > testing and is impractical to fix without changing something. > > The actual switchover commit is > 38143339646a4ccce8afe298c34467767c899f51 and the series ends with > d6dcfe4d0c58856690ecbad4cf191d7c9ee1a4a8. > > Now, it's time for testing. I've done some build and smoke tests of > OpenSSL, Python, Perl, strace, coreutils, busybox (git master needed > to fix time64 problems), and a few other packages, but large > distro-scale package builds will be the real test of how easy this > transition is going to be. > > For distributions that aren't a "make world" sort of thing (mix of > package versions), I know there will be issues with mixing old and new > libraries and applications; I'm not sure yet how severe they'll be. > This would be very useful to have reports/feedback on. Such distros > should make preparations, and short of detailed research to determine > how much or little breakage there will be, should make users aware > that a global dist-upgrade operation (with all libs and apps rebuilt > for time64) is the safest and recommended way to move to the first > release that will incorporate time64 musl. For the purposes of our try build test packaging, is it safe to call this commit "1.2.0 alpha1"? Best, --arw -- A. Wilcox (Sent from my iPhone - not signed) Project Lead, Adélie Linux https://www.adelielinux.org/