mailing list of musl libc
* musl support added in Buildroot
@ 2014-05-06 12:24 Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2014-05-06 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl-ZwoEplunGu1jrUoiu81ncdBPR1lH4CV8; +Cc: buildroot-2zL2ArBv0bUdnm+yROfE0A

Hello,

Buildroot (http://buildroot.org) is a popular embedded Linux build
system. We have recently (just today) added support for:

 * Building cross-toolchains with the musl C library, through what we
   call the "internal toolchain backend" (i.e Buildroot builds the
   cross compilation toolchain)

 * Using pre-existing musl cross-toolchains, as provided from
   musl.codu.org, through what we call the "external toolchain
   backend" (i.e Buildroot does not build the cross compilation
   toolchain, and relies on a pre-existing one).

Both of these features will be part of the upcoming 2014.05 release.

As part of this effort, we will be adding in the future a musl
configuration to our autobuilders (http://autobuild.buildroot.org)
which will lead to a fairly heavy testing of musl, as the 1200+
packages of Buildroot will be built against it. There are chances that
we might be reporting some issues related to this testing.

Best regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com

* Re: musl support added in Buildroot
@ 2014-05-08 18:49 ` Bernd Kuhls
From: Bernd Kuhls @ 2014-05-08 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot-2zL2ArBv0bUdnm+yROfE0A; +Cc: musl-ZwoEplunGu1jrUoiu81ncdBPR1lH4CV8

Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni-wi1+55ScJUtKEb57/3fJTNBPR1lH4CV8
@public.gmane.org> wrote in news:20140506142414.26a431d2@skate:

>  * Building cross-toolchains with the musl C library

Hi,

small note: libxml2 fails to compile using musl:

threads.c:80:27: error: macro "pthread_equal" requires 2 arguments, but only
1 given
threads.c:80:12: error: 'pthread_equal' redeclared as different kind of
symbol

Regards, Bernd