On 06/07/19 11:02, Brian Peregrine wrote: > Most Gentoo users indeed prefer building from source, but we are > compiling it for specific machines (e.g. i686) so we are taking > advantage of the compilation-features gentoo has to offer. Adélie is built for 586+MMX, which is very close to 686. > I looked at Bedrock Linux, Alpine, Void, Adelie, ... but I don't see > them having binaries downloads either. Only package downloads are > avilable at Alpine and Void (see https://pkgs.alpinelinux.org/packages > , https://voidlinux.org/packages/?arch=x86_64&q=firefox ), Adelie and > Bedrock don't offer any downloads from the website at all. We don't have a package site yet, but https://distfiles.adelielinux.org/adelie/1.0-beta3/user/pmmx/ is going to have every package for the 586. Our Firefox package is https://distfiles.adelielinux.org/adelie/1.0-beta3/user/pmmx/firefox-esr-52.9.0-r4.apk for instance. > Let me know how the glibc binaries can be directly edited (i.e. using > an IDE editor as Geany) to work on musl, and if someone finds the > download URL for the latest stable chromium binary, that would also be > very welcome. 1) It's not possible to "edit" a glibc binary to use musl like that, unfortunately. 2) Chromium does not work on musl. There are (bad quality) patches floating around, but they're beyond worthless. Expect random crashes and chasing upstream constantly. Don't even bother. Best, --arw -- A. Wilcox (awilfox) Project Lead, Adélie Linux https://www.adelielinux.org