mailing list of musl libc
* [musl] Wiki volunteers?
@ 2020-08-14 20:34 Rich Felker
From: Rich Felker @ 2020-08-14 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Today in #musl someone was asking about trouble getting gnulib-based
builds to work with cross compiling, and encountered some really
outdated (and unnecessarily ranty) information in the FAQ on the wiki.
The actual modern solution is really simple, just supplying a
config.cache that sets the things that can't be detected because they
depend on ability to execute test programs, but the FAQ has a whole
lot of hackish alternative ideas that are going to turn into big
pitfalls and detract from the actual solution.

I haven't looked through more yet, but I suspect we have a lot more
similar outdated and/or unfocused content on the wiki that should be
streamlined to guide users to what's actually going to solve their
problem or answer their question.

Any volunteers for helping to overhaul the wiki? The first task is
probably just making a list of content that's dubious (outdated or
otherwise) and needs attention. Next would be either opening
discussions or proposing patches directly for fixing it.

Rich

* Re: [musl] Wiki volunteers?
@ 2020-08-14 21:05 ` Zach van Rijn
From: Zach van Rijn @ 2020-08-14 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

On Fri, 2020-08-14 at 16:34 -0400, Rich Felker wrote:

> Any volunteers for helping to overhaul the wiki? The first task
> is probably just making a list of content that's dubious
> (outdated or otherwise) and needs attention. Next would be
> either opening discussions or proposing patches directly for
> fixing it.

I will take the first pass at this and identify gaps as well.