mailing list of musl libc
* [musl] POSIX compliance testing of strftime
@ 2022-09-12 20:32 Ken Mays
From: Ken Mays @ 2022-09-12 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Hello,

I am doing POSIX compliance testing of strftime on HAIKU (w/MUSL)
using the Open POSIX Test Suite v1.5.2 located here:

Open POSIX Test Suite - Browse Files at SourceForge.net
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/posixtest/files/>

Specifically:

open_posix_testsuite/1-1.c at master · haiku/open_posix_testsuite
(github.com) <https://github.com/haiku/open_posix_testsuite/blob/master/conformance/interfaces/strftime/1-1.c>

and

open_posix_testsuite/2-1.c at master · haiku/open_posix_testsuite
(github.com) <https://github.com/haiku/open_posix_testsuite/blob/master/conformance/interfaces/strftime/2-1.c>

Issue: MUSL's strftime only fails one minor test for both test 1-1 and 2-1.

I'd like to know if a MUSL developer could review the mentioned tests?

Are there known issues with strftime with POSIX compliance testing?

Thanks,

~K

* Re: [musl] POSIX compliance testing of strftime
@ 2022-09-12 21:47 ` Rich Felker
From: Rich Felker @ 2022-09-12 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ken Mays; +Cc: musl

On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 01:32:28PM -0700, Ken Mays wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am doing POSIX compliance testing of strftime on HAIKU (w/MUSL)
> using the Open POSIX Test Suite v1.5.2 located here:
>
> Open POSIX Test Suite - Browse Files at SourceForge.net
> <https://sourceforge.net/projects/posixtest/files/>
>
> Specifically:
>
> open_posix_testsuite/1-1.c at master · haiku/open_posix_testsuite
> (github.com) <https://github.com/haiku/open_posix_testsuite/blob/master/conformance/interfaces/strftime/1-1.c>
>
> and
>
> open_posix_testsuite/2-1.c at master · haiku/open_posix_testsuite
> (github.com) <https://github.com/haiku/open_posix_testsuite/blob/master/conformance/interfaces/strftime/2-1.c>
>
> Issue: MUSL's strftime only fails one minor test for both test 1-1 and 2-1.
>
> I'd like to know if a MUSL developer could review the mentioned tests?
>
> Are there known issues with strftime with POSIX compliance testing?
>
> Thanks,
>
> ~K

When reporting test failures, could you report *which test* (not just
which files, but which particular assertion they're trying to make) is
failing? It would have saved a lot of time not having to get, compile,
and run them. But now after doing that, I can't even reproduce any
failures; I just get all PASS. So in order to investigate at all I
really need to know what specific failures you hit.

FWIW these are rather dubious tests since they depend on the current
time when the test is run and the user's locale. Perhaps the failures
you saw were dependent on those factors?

Rich

* Re: [musl] POSIX compliance testing of strftime
@ 2022-09-12 22:11   ` Ken Mays
From: Ken Mays @ 2022-09-12 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rich Felker; +Cc: musl