mailing list of musl libc
* [GSoC2016] Weekly Report of Porting musl to RISC-V Project #1
@ 2016-06-03 14:29 Masanori Ogino
From: Masanori Ogino @ 2016-06-03 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lowrisc-dev; +Cc: musl

Hello all,

It is the second issue of weekly report of porting musl to RISC-V GSoC project.

I am still working on integrating toolchain and building userland.

On the toolchain side, the WIP branch [1] has been upgraded to recent
upstream using riscv-binutils-gdb.

On the userland side, I have built statically-linked BusyBox as the
first target. BusyBox 1.24.2 can be built using [1] and attached
.config file. Using the Linux kernel 4.1.17 + RISC-V patches [2] built
with a glibc-based toolchain and Spike, a system with the busybox
binary boots up, launches init and finally provides a shell!

(I am using Linux kernel built with a glibc-based toolchain because I
am using GCC6 for integration and Linux 4.1.17 has no support for
that.)

However, the shell can't execute other programs with "permission
denied" errors, while built-in commands works well. I try to figure
out the cause.

The progress is slower than what I expected last week but there is no
delay from the proposed plan. In next week, I will debug the issue
above and work on the libc's arch-dependent part.

Have a nice weekend!

[1]: https://github.com/omasanori/riscv-gnu-toolchain/tree/musl
[2]: https://github.com/riscv/riscv-linux

--
Masanori Ogino

[-- Attachment #2: .config --]
[-- Type: application/xml, Size: 32247 bytes --]

* Re: [GSoC2016] Weekly Report of Porting musl to RISC-V Project #1
@ 2016-06-03 15:28 ` Szabolcs Nagy
From: Szabolcs Nagy @ 2016-06-03 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl; +Cc: lowrisc-dev

* Masanori Ogino <masanori.ogino@gmail.com> [2016-06-03 23:29:58 +0900]:
> (I am using Linux kernel built with a glibc-based toolchain because I
> am using GCC6 for integration and Linux 4.1.17 has no support for
> that.)

ln -s compiler-gcc5.h $LINUX/include/linux/compiler-gcc6.h

should fix that.

* Re: [GSoC2016] Weekly Report of Porting musl to RISC-V Project #1
@ 2016-06-03 16:14   ` Masanori Ogino
From: Masanori Ogino @ 2016-06-03 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl, lowrisc-dev

(Ah, the number in the title should be 2, not 1...)

Hello,

> * Masanori Ogino <masanori.ogino@gmail.com> [2016-06-03 23:29:58 +0900]:
>> (I am using Linux kernel built with a glibc-based toolchain because I
>> am using GCC6 for integration and Linux 4.1.17 has no support for
>> that.)
>
> ln -s compiler-gcc5.h $LINUX/include/linux/compiler-gcc6.h
>
> should fix that.

Thank you for your advice! I will try it.

--
Masanori Ogino

* Re: [GSoC2016] Weekly Report of Porting musl to RISC-V Project #1
@ 2016-06-03 14:31   ` Masanori Ogino
From: Masanori Ogino @ 2016-06-03 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Thanks for your attention, FRIGN!

--
Masanori Ogino <masanori.ogino@gmail.com>
http://twitter.com/omasanori

* Re: [GSoC2016] Weekly Report of Porting musl to RISC-V Project #1
@ 2016-05-29 18:14 ` FRIGN
From: FRIGN @ 2016-05-29 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

@ 2016-05-27 14:02 Masanori Ogino
From: Masanori Ogino @ 2016-05-27 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lowrisc-dev; +Cc: musl

Hello,

[...]

Any comments would be appreciated. Please tell me your opinion!

Have a nice weekend!

[1]: https://github.com/lluixhi/musl-riscv
[2]: https://github.com/omasanori/musl/tree/riscv
[3]: https://github.com/omasanori/riscv-gnu-toolchain/tree/musl