According to LLVM sources (LLVM knows how to transform printf variants into iprintf variants), "iprintf and friends are only available on XCore, TCE, and Emscripten." I note that emscripten actually uses musl's printf implementation, and has added iprintf support as a downstream patch. On Wed, Jun 12, 2024 at 2:56 PM Markus Wichmann wrote: > Am Wed, Jun 12, 2024 at 05:29:59PM +0000 schrieb Ram Nalamothu (QUIC): > > Hi, > > > > On the subject line topic, is there a plan for integer only print > functions support in MUSL upstream? > > > > The newlib seems to support the same since 2004 [1] and one immediate > scenario using this capability is assert function [2] in the C library > itself which needs to print only the non-float types. > > > > Applications that use integer only print functions can benefit from this > capability in terms of reduced code size by avoiding floating point support > implementation in the linked print functions. > > > > I tried a quick search on the mailing list but couldn't find any > previous discussions on this topic. > > Would it make sense to have the similar support in MUSL as well? Would > the community be open to accept patches supporting integer only print > functions? > > > > Regards, > > Ram > > > > [1] https://sourceware.org/legacy-ml/newlib/2004/msg00577.html > > [2] > https://sourceware.org/git/?p=newlib-cygwin.git;a=blob;f=newlib/libc/stdlib/assert.c#l58 > > Standard criteria for inclusion in musl have always been any kind of > standardization effort at all. Otherwise there is a risk of future > incompatible standardization. And iprintf() seems to be a newlib > exclusive; I cannot find any reference to this function outside of it. > > Ciao, > Markus >