I have been trying various ways of compiling a musl system using gcc and found that GCC-4.7.3 does not seem to want to compile against musl headers. I install the linux headers in /usr/include then i install musl and move its headers to /usr/include. then i specify -I/usr/include to gcc and it errors every time (technically its /cross/usr/include as i have a separated env from my host system) The same compile works fine against musl libs but not the headers. The only change made from a working to a non-working system appears to be the use of the musl generated headers. In the scripts to build a musl toolchain (such as gregorr) the header location is not specified but sysroot is used (which obviously isn't linking against the headers) I first started to see this issue when chroot'ing into a newly created musl gcc system. Is musl suitable as a stand alone libc replacement? Should i not be building against musl headers? If there is any reports or details you want me to provide please let me know. PS: I have found that GCC-4.7.3, GCC-4.8.3, both have the issue thanks, Stephen