Gcc is dying with /bin/bash i686-linux-musl-gcc command not found about half to 3/4 way through build. I know this is not enough info to help diagnose the issue but unlike errors during config, its not pointing me to a compile error log. I will be more than happy to provide anything you need just let me know what that is. thanks for your help. On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 4:47 PM, Samuel Holland wrote: > On 2014-10-02 15:31, stephen Turner wrote: > >> since patching with the recommended patch (the one i had wasnt a full >> patch >> apparently) i have been able to use this option --host=i686-linux-musl >> however now when i compile i run into new issues. >> >> Firstly gmp, mpfr, and mpc do not like this flag obviously since they do >> not have the musl settings patched in so i cant compile with the musl >> wrapper because i cannot include those math libraries and when i try to >> prebuild them and use the flag --with-mpfr=/target/location it errors out >> saying it cant find any compatible versions of these libs/headers. >> > > Overriding the host is really only necessary for a few programs like gcc. > Most > will work fine with musl, even though they detect your system as > "i686-pc-linux-gnu". > That said, if you want to use --host on all of your programs, all you need > is a > patch like the one here[0]. There are four or five different variations of > the patch > though, depending on what version/configuration of autotools the project > uses. > > [0] https://github.com/smaeul/starch/blob/master/pkgbuilds/ > libmpfr/libmpfr-musl.patch > > -- > Regards, > Samuel Holland >