mailing list of musl libc
* lib link missing
@ 2014-10-28 21:13 stephen Turner
From: stephen Turner @ 2014-10-28 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

this could be a result of how i built my two systems but i was compiling
applications with the musl-gcc wrapper then running them on a musl only
system to find that i was missing the ld-musl-i386.so.1 link or lib.

I compiled the applications first on a separate host system dynamically
with musl-gcc wrapper where the musl lib was installed with ./configure and
no flags

On the destination system i installed musl with ./configure
--disable-gcc-wrapper  flag.

after compiling my programs on the host with musl-gcc wrapper and moving
them to the non-wrapper system i recieved the error they did not exist.
checking with ldd showed they were looking for the ld-musl-i386.so.1 lib. i
created a link to the libc.so and all is well.

its just a simple thing but one i thought you may be interested in
addressing for compatibility purposes?

thanks,
Stephen

* Re: lib link missing
@ 2014-10-28 22:56 ` Szabolcs Nagy
From: Szabolcs Nagy @ 2014-10-28 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

* stephen Turner <stephen.n.turner@gmail.com> [2014-10-28 16:13:58 -0500]:
> after compiling my programs on the host with musl-gcc wrapper and moving
> them to the non-wrapper system i recieved the error they did not exist.
> checking with ldd showed they were looking for the ld-musl-i386.so.1 lib. i
> created a link to the libc.so and all is well.

a musl installation in either cases (wrapper or musl based system)
should have a /lib/ld-musl-ARCH.so.1

if you dont have that file then your musl install was not complete

i think it's the linux distribution packager's job to have that file
on a musl based system

* Re: lib link missing
@ 2014-10-28 23:00   ` stephen Turner
From: stephen Turner @ 2014-10-28 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

In both cases I compiled from source once using ./configure && make && make
install for the host and ./configure --prefix= --includedir=
--without-gcc-wrapper.
On Oct 28, 2014 6:56 PM, "Szabolcs Nagy" <nsz@port70.net> wrote:

> * stephen Turner <stephen.n.turner@gmail.com> [2014-10-28 16:13:58 -0500]:
> > after compiling my programs on the host with musl-gcc wrapper and moving
> > them to the non-wrapper system i recieved the error they did not exist.
> > checking with ldd showed they were looking for the ld-musl-i386.so.1
> lib. i
> > created a link to the libc.so and all is well.
>
> a musl installation in either cases (wrapper or musl based system)
> should have a /lib/ld-musl-ARCH.so.1
>
> if you dont have that file then your musl install was not complete
>
> i think it's the linux distribution packager's job to have that file
> on a musl based system

* Re: lib link missing
@ 2014-10-28 23:01   ` stephen Turner
From: stephen Turner @ 2014-10-28 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)