On Mar 5, 2015 3:58 AM, wrote: > > On Thu, Mar 05, 2015 at 09:33:15AM +0100, u-wsnj@aetey.se wrote: > > On Wed, Mar 04, 2015 at 12:54:58PM -0800, William Ahern wrote: > > > So, is there any sort of sanctioned way to detect MUSL at all, version or no > > > version? Is there any interest in supporting any kind of feature detection, > > > such as an API that communicates implementation choices wrt unspecified and > > > undefined behavior. > > Sorry for having made a too large citation. > > To be clear, I commented only on the part: > > > > So, is there any sort of sanctioned way to detect MUSL at all, version or no > > > version? > > [skipping my former message] > > As for your proposal > > > > Is there any interest in supporting any kind of feature detection, > > > such as an API that communicates implementation choices wrt unspecified and > > > undefined behavior. > > I did not mean to comment on this in the previous message. > > It looks otherwise reasonable but amounts to a standardization effort > for a new API with exactly the details intentionally omitted by > the existing standards. This might be hard to accomplish. > > Rune > Ok im going to show my programming ignorance here. Isnt libc a set of functions built to use I guess they are abi calls? The short almost command looking bits like segsrv? So then if someone wanted to test libc they would just have to write a macro or something that calls the functions individually and uses them in a small reversible if needed test case to say " yea we got that feature " ? That would also be good for verifying the libc isnt corrupted assuming there isnt already some test case like it. Wouldnt something like that be more helpful than a libc version and a assumption its standard full featured and unmodified? Thanks Stephen