On Mon, Jun 17, 2019, 7:47 PM Rich Felker wrote: > On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 07:30:00PM -0700, Reinoud Koornstra wrote: > > Ok the wrapper is included in the musl library itself in the obj > directory. > > Yes, or installed in $prefix/bin if you install. If you don't install > it won't be able to find its spec file. > > > c++ isn't supported yet? > > Right. Nobody I'm aware of understands the details of this, but > apparently either GCC's actual C++ headers or its "precompiled header" > versions of them pull in a bunch of stuff from glibc, and then it > breaks when you try to reuse them with musl. It's probably not that > hard to figure out the root cause and maybe even make it work, but > nobody has done it and interest is low because it's still a big hack > compared to just building a proper cross toolchain. > > > Currently I configure with CC=musl-gcc > > CFLAGS="-I/home/me/MUSL/include" LDFLAGS="-L/home/me/lib" ./configure > > the final g++ comand also add -lrt, need more changes for this to work? > > If you do that you're compiling against musl's headers but then > linking against glibc, which is going to make a huge broken mess. > Yes, I noticed, so how can I force it to link against musl as well? > > If you need C++, you really should just build a cross toolchain with > musl-cross-make. It's as simple as clining the mcm repo and running > "make TARGET=x86_64-linux-musl OUTPUT=/some/dir install" -- it will > download, check hashes on, and patch all the components you need and > give you a clean self-contained cross toolchain in the OUTPUT dir. > Also done that, in that case should I just use the compiled gcc as cc? Thanks, Reinoud. > > Rich > > > > On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 5:54 PM Reinoud Koornstra > > wrote: > > > > > > In this case, my application is simple, I need to compile and > > > application against musl, instead of glibc. > > > I do not need to musl compiled gcc for this? > > > Thanks, > > > Reinoud. > > > > > > On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 4:30 PM Rich Felker wrote: > > > > > > > > On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 03:49:19PM -0700, Reinoud Koornstra wrote: > > > > > Hello Everyone, > > > > > I did get the sources and build from musl-cross-gcc at github.com. > > > > > Building works fine, however, I cannot find the musl-gcc script to > compile. > > > > > > > > The musl-gcc wrapper script is for repurposing an existing host > > > > toolchain for a different libc (glibc) to use it with musl. You don't > > > > use it with a proper cross compiler toolchain or on a musl-native > > > > system. The output of musl-cross-make will be a set of utilities > > > > prefixed with the target tuple, e.g. x86_64-linux-musl-gcc, etc., in > > > > the bin directory under wherever you installed the cross toolchain. > > > > > > > > Rich >